Friday, March 13, 2009

Doin' a Little Catch-up

As you may have noticed I'm not a 'regular' blogger. This causes frustration for many, which is understandable because I'm also not really a phone person... or an email-er... or a letter sender. So, in the spirit of catching you up, I'm sending pics of a few bigger events from last year (i.e. the events that people other than me were involved in so I was asked to bring a camera).

I know that you all would like to see more blog so this year I promise that I'll try harder-ish

Kyra's Room

Last year many of you may know that I painted Kyra's room. For those of you who haven't seen it, here it is right after I finished it. We have since put in furniture and drapes but taking a picture of the whole thing totally finished is asking a little much, don't you think?













It's a mural. A really big one. Kyra calls it her "bery own hundred acre woods," so that's what it is. I figure it will grow with her.


Merry Go Round and Round

Kyra also went on the merry-go-round last year for the first time. She went with Daddy, Grandpa Randy, and Grandma Jill. She was delighted!
















November at the Pun'kin Farm














Feeding animals, a hay ride, a tractor pulled "train", picking a pumpkin all by yourself, and a big red truck... any toddlers paradise.














Kyra loves her petting zoo animals, and she has no fear.














And she's definitely not a germaphobe...














In case you were out of the loop... tractors are cool, even little broke down ones are fun to pretend with.














The hay ride was fun (it was pulled by a tractor).














Plus, she loves anything that is like a train (including 50 gal water barrels sawed in half, strung together, and then pulled by a tractor).














So when you are 2-1/2 and you get to sit on a tractor just your size, and then you get pulled by a tractor twice in one day...it was a good day.














Kyra and the big red truck. I love this picture.








All Hallows Eve














Halloween was the other post I never posted. We went out with friends this year, and Kyra dressed up as Winnie the Pooh the Super Sleuth (from a new Disney show that she loves).














She thought that was cool, but didn't really want to dress up to leave the house. Once we got to our friends house and she saw that everyone else had dressed up she was all over that. This was the little group of kids that went. Too cute!














She was very independent this year, and wanted to keep up with the older kids. She did everything herself (with the exception of the houses with scary noises and strobe lights... despite her maturity she still has instincts).














You may wonder what Jon and I dressed up as... well he has his Waste Management shirt on, and I am a bag of garbage.... ha ha.

5 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

You really should be making money as a muralist! seriously! And we just love Super Sleuth! We must do it again next year!

jenn said...

Rome looks amazing! Your costumes are hilarious!! There is just something about tractors... And from Jon's face- I'm so glad he took her to the Merry-go-round first and that we didn't try to sneak it in when we came in June. You can tell he loves riding with her!!

I have nothing to say about the amazing amount of talent you have to paint Kyra's room with such a fantastic mural because my jaw is on the floor.

Miss you all.

The Jacksons said...

I love when you catch up! I love Avery being so tiny, but sometimes I can't wait until she is bigger and I can take her to do these things!

georgia-mom said...

Kyra's room photgraphed really well. It is amazing, as you are for painting it. The things you added later are worth sharing.
It was nice to see Kyra in her Halloween costume since I didn't get to at my house. But you and Jon win the prize!
I love Kyra kissing the goat!
And I love seeing her other grandparents getting to spend time with her. They don't get enough of that.
Thanks for posting!

Micah said...

I cannot believe how well Kyra's room looks! Excellent work! Want to come paint my house when we buy one?

Love the costumes. I'm sorry you had to be the trash.