Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lake Shasta

Fun, Family, and a HILARIOUS 2 Year Old

So, this past July we spent a few days on a houseboat on Lake Shasta. I just ran into the pictures again, and thought they were worth sharing. This is the houseboat. It was big, and nice, and you could run the AC during the day (a life-saver because there were record highs that whole week in CA). Needless to say we spent a lot of time in the water.

Here is Kyra who learned to swim with a lifejacket, all by herself, thanks to the patience and caring of her daddy. They were best buds all week long.



Here is Grandma Jill and Kyra on the boat.


And here they are practicing the thumbs up sign (meaning of course ... go faster).
And then we get to Kyra's favorite part of Lake Shasta... tubing.

Kyra and Daddy once again. She was perfectly calm and very comfortable being towed behind the boat.






This picture of her with her thumb straight up in the air is priceless, and oh so accurate. She wanted to go FASTER on EVERYTHING. Faster swimming in the water, faster on the boat, and especially faster on the tube.






This picture is of Kyra going quite fast enough.






This is what happens when Kyra didn't get to go as fast as she wanted. She just laid her head down on the tube, and acted bored. You gotta love the drama.






4 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

LOVE IT! Your boat trip looks like so much fun. And I just can't get over that daddy's girl. She is most definitely a dare-devil with a strong attitude. A girl who knows what she wants...the boys might just appreciate that when she starts dating. I love it! :)

The Jacksons said...

This looks like so much fun! Kyra just cracks me up.

Angela said...

What a great trip. That looks awesome! I didn't know you did that this summer, so thanks for the recap. I can't wait to see you all at Christmas.

jenn said...

How STINKIN' cute is she and her thumb up!!! I love how calm and happy she looks with her daddy nearby to take care of her- what a good daddy!