
We loved Amsterdam, and what a shock it was going from the noisy, busy, super touristy, (yet still lovely) Rome, to a city that is basically silent because everyone rides bikes. Even the public "train" system runs on electricity so it is basically silent. It's easy to get run over Amsterdam.
This is a bike parking garage. The bikes were so packed in I don't know how people got thier bikes (or selves) in or out.Here we are (self-portrait style) in front of the New Church on the Dam Square. And the next is us in front of the Royal Palace, also on the Dam square.
I probably walked through the Dam Square 4-6 times a day, because it was in the middle of where I was going, and because I get lost a lot and end up walking the opposite direction I think I'm going (it's a miracle I made it home).
And another of us in front of one of the many, beautiful, canals. The history of Amsterdam is fascinating (I spent 90% of my time in museums while Jon was working... boring to many, I know, but it's what I love). By the by, in pictures it looks like Jon and I spent all our time together, the reality is I had a few days in each city pretty much to myself, we just only took pictures with the two of us.
We did take a canal tour together, and here are a few pics. Our favorite is the brick house boat. You don't see that every day (or really consider it to be a good idea -- but it seems to have worked out just fine). Keukenhof (The Tulip Gardens)
April was an amazing time to be in the Netherlands. All the tulips and spring bulbs were in bloom. It was beautiful... just take a look....

April was an amazing time to be in the Netherlands. All the tulips and spring bulbs were in bloom. It was beautiful... just take a look....







5 comments:
Oh my goodness, Val. Are you feeling okay? Should I call a DR?!!!! You updated your blog :)!!! YEAH!!! Okay, I just can't get enough of your Europe trips, and I still secretly wish you'd shoved me in your luggage. I would have ridden silently the whole trip in the overhead bin...not a peep, I swear! You and Jon make a beautiful couple! So glad you had so much fun. And thanks for the cheese ;).
SO fun to see pictures! We never got to that when I was there in June. Your trip is so enviable- I am SO glad you got to go!
I never get tired of seeing the pictures of the wonderful places you've been, and of feeling so happy that you got to be there! You saw and did so much and have beautiful pictures to show it. Feel free to share anytime.
I've never been to Europe. Will you go with me? It looks like you had such a great time and I want to go with someone confident who can show me the sites. FUN!!
Post a Comment