Thursday, July 5, 2007

Mirror, mirror on the wall who's the cutest of them all?

The funniest, the cutest, and the all around most entertaining ... ever!

Kyra is a riot. One of her favorites playmates is her own reflection in the oven. Whenever I'm in the kitchen she will come by, pull the kitchen towel of the handle of the oven door, and then talk, sing and give kisses to her little friend. The other day we were playing ball in the kitchen and as she was getting her usual running start before throwing the Ball she passed her reflection. After a moment's thought, she turned around and went back. She smiled at herself, and then threw the ball with one hand and pointed after it with the other. She wanted that baby to chase it and bring it back! She is the funniest girl I know.

Golf

One of her favorite pastimes with Jon is to play golf. He putts, and she runs after it. She was pretty good about bringing it back until she figured out that golf balls bounce on tile

Singing a song is fun to do

Her favorite songs include: "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed" (she knows all the hand actions) "Old MacDonald had a farm" (EIEIEIEI is her favorite part to say - there is no O just yet - but she can also Quack Quack like the duck) "How much is that doggie in the window" (she knows just when to bark... it's adorable!) and "Ency Weensy Spider" (at the end when we say that the spider "climbs up the spout again" she throws her hands up in the air and yells AAAHHGHHAHHH... which pretty much means "again!"). Singing with Kyra in and of itself is a way to keep on smiling all day long.

And her first word is ... Hi!

Jon and I agree that "Hi" is officially is her first word. She loves to say Hi, and has received such praise for using it that she has learned to put it to use in more than one situation. Hi means, of course, hello, but it has also come to mean "I love you"; "I'm sorry"; "Please pick me up"; "I want to eat what you're eating"; and our favorite "I did something wrong, but boy am I cute, so don't get mad."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that she thinks the little girl in the oven is her friend. That's fantastic! What a clever and wonderful girl you have. Thanks for three great new posts!

jenn said...

That friend in the oven is hysterical! So fun to read what she is up to! Hope you and Jon are doing as well! We miss you!