Sunday, April 15, 2007

Kyra is 1 year old!

We had a blast at Kyra's first birthday party.
(What a mess!!!)

Grandma and Grandpa Texas were there, and Grandma Jill got to be there as well. Kyra got a whole bunch of new stuff (spoiled spoiled spoiled) including cute, cute clothes, quacking ducks, a puzzle, a baby doll and a piano that sings and has flashing lights. Needless to say, her wardrobe is filling up and we certainly can't contain the toys any longer under the side table next to the couch. Pretty soon Kyra will need her own "office."


Kyra loved her very own birthday cake. She started out eating with just her pinky finger, but by the end she (of course) had it all over the place. The amazing thing was, she never really got any in her hair... go figure.


Here are some pictures...






5 comments:

georgia-mom said...

Thank you so much for doing this blog, Valerie! Even though I live close by, I love to see the pictures and hear the stories. It will be a great journal and the whole family will love to hear about Kyra and watch her grow. I'll be checking back often!

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you!

jenn said...

Well, what do you know?! A blog for Kyra! Great idea- my kids think she is the cutest baby ever! I can't believe she is a year already!!

Thanks for sharing pix- we wish we were closer and could celebrate with you too!

Micah said...

A whole year? How can that be? I am not nearly back in Texas often enough. Maybe Kyra should grab her parents and convince them to make a Utah trip where 8 of her aunts and uncles will be awaiting her arrival. Good idea, Kyra!

Micah said...

Make that 10 if you count Justin and Katelyn too!! (All the more reasons)