
Kyra got a cute new purple Easter dress.
It was adorable, and she was adorable in it. We decided to take some pictures of our adorable little Easter princess. After all Kyra's favorite thing has been to smile and pose for the camera. We figured the pictures would be quick and effortless. The pictures didn't go as planned.Kyra would not hold still, she would barely look at the camera, and she certainly wouldn't smile without her thumb in her mouth. Have I mentioned that Kyra is a thumb sucker. Her thumb is constantly in her mouth. I figure this is both a bad and a good thing. You can't really sanitize a thumb or control when it goes in the mouth, but you can't lose it either.
Our next attempt at great Easter pictures involved props.
"Flowers," we thought, "that will spark her interest long enough to get a decent shot." Ah, the naivety of first time parents! 
The props ended up being weapons with which she warded off her parents who were trying to straighten her dress, make her smile, or just get her to hold still for 5 seconds.
I didn't think that little girls used swords. This girl is a world-class fencer.
What have we learned from our picture taking experience?
We learned that we are in big trouble. We have no real ability to control our child. There is no discipline, there is no law.
All I have to say is, YOU look at those big blue eyes and try to explain why you're right and she shouldn't be getting into whatever mischief she is getting into.
Yes, indeed. We are in big trouble.
3 comments:
You go Kyra! Show them who the real boss is!
Trouble maker, or not, it has to be worth it to have eyes like that. Can I get some fencing lessons?
It's funny that she sucks her thumb so much because she didn't for a long time.
You got enough pictures for us to see how really cute she is. Oh, those eyes!
I'm sure she'll be quite the poser in a year or two.
Post a Comment